Our Services :: Community Support Team
Community Support Team (CST) services consist of community-based mental health and substance abuse rehabilitation services and supports necessary supports provided through a team approach to assist adults* in achieving rehabilitative and recovery goals. It is intended for individuals with mental illness, substance abuse disorders, or both who have complex and extensive treatment needs. The individuals clinical needs are evidenced by the presence of a diagnosable mental illness, substance- related disorder (as defined by the DSM-IV-TR and its successors), or both, with symptoms and effects documented in the comprehensive clinical assessment and the Person Centered Plan.
*Note: The age at which a recipient is considered an adult is determined by the funding source. State- funded services begin at age 18; Medicaid-funded services begin at age 21 unless the recipient is eligible through EPSDT.
• assist the recipient in achieving recovery goals identified in the Person Centered Plan;
• reduce psychiatric and addiction symptoms and promote symptom stability;
• restore personal, community living, and social skills necessary for self-management;
• assist individuals to gain access to necessary services in all life domains;
• increase the ability to access financial entitlement, housing, work, and social opportunities in the community;
• monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of delivery of all services and supports identified in the Person Centered Plan.
View the complete Document